Maybe you’d like to work with me remotely from wherever you are through online training exchanges – while using this self help blog resource?
We can do that through Skype, FaceTime and / or telephone, and / or email discussions.
Resources: I am a corporate trainer by background – which is a great fit for the psycho-educational model of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. I have written detailed but accessible articles that explain the basic theory of CBT, and I have created and included downloadable handouts and worksheets – these will give us a great foundation for practical and directed email work together, that you can do at your own pace.
How: Simple – you email or Skype or telephone me, presenting yourself and your issues – I explain CBT and how I believe it can help you with your specific situation, and I direct you to relevant posts and downloads via links. You then study and do the homework in your own (free) time – and we then have another online session where we discuss and explore your thoughts and experience and decide on the next step… and progress in the same way at each exchange – you will learn by discovery through guided self help. Engaged clients will effectively learn skills to become their own therapist.
All work is based on best practice and concentrates on the core theory and application of the new science of how we think and feel and behave. It will be organic – you do not have to commit to a set number of sessions, we just let it happen over time, and if it proves of value to you and benefits you in positive changes in how you think and feel and behave, ideally with you being happier and cooler and calmer, then you continue the work (either with me, or through the free blog, and my recommended reading list).
Terms and conditions before booking:
Disclaimer: The client is aware that the CBT & Feeling Good personal development workshops and sessions are not ‘psychological counselling’ or deep one to one psychotherapy. This introduction to the core theory and self help components of CBT does not treat illness or pathology. The client agrees that he/she is entering into a ‘personal development training’ session, whereby the client is responsible for their own decisions and results. The client also agrees to hold the trainer free from all liability for any actions or results for adverse situations created as a direct or indirect result of a referral or other advice given by the trainer.
Booking a session means you accept the following :
- You are over 18.
- You do not have suicidal thoughts or an extreme emotional health disorder.
- You (and in turn, I) understand and accept that technology can fail, broadband can fall, skype can stutter, and so on – CBT and Feeling Good will not be responsible for delays or failure in performance resulting from acts beyond our control.
- I use and host my own website and email, so offer confidentiality – and given that this is not deep traditional psychotherapy, I do not keep extensive notes, and am happy to double delete correspondence when our client relationship (care plan) comes to an end if you wish.
- CBT and Feeling Good retain proprietary rights and copyright on all materials used in the online training/therapy. It is not to be resold/distributed.
- Payment is through Paypal.
- 24 hours notice of cancellation is required for telephone or video conference cancellations.
- Email exchanges are very flexible – I guarantee a speedy reply (within two days of receipt of the email, but with the aim for a same day reply if received before 3pm.)
CBT and Feeling Good Training
Camden House, 7 Upper Camden Street, Dublin 2, Ireland
Telephone: 353 86 8113031
Okay? Maybe talk soon…